Edition used: Norton
Public domain version: Wikisource
Faculty: Robert Daum (Vancouver School of Theology)
Lecture date: September 16, 2013
- What is the significance of the repetition of motifs in Genesis? You might consider, for example, sibling rivalry, parental deception, female seduction, encounters at the well, or example(s) of your choice.
- Focusing on the story of Jacob and Esau, explore the relationship between intention and outcome in the framing of moral choices in Genesis.
- Discuss one or more of the implications of the narrative of the Fall in Genesis and/or Kant.
- Consider the relationship between humans and animals presented in Kant’s “Conjectural Beginning of Human History” and/or Genesis.
- Discuss the relation between fiction and truth in Genesis.
More material related to Genesis