Arts One Digital can be taken synchronously or non-synchronously.
For those who wish to follow the schedule of the course as it is being taught in Vancouver, the upcoming lectures and texts will be posted here as soon as possible.
Here is the schedule from 2013-2014, to be retired once the 2014-2015 schedule is ready!
- week one (Sep 9): Intro
- week two (Sep 16): Genesis [guest: Robert Daum]; Kant, “Conjectural Beginning of Human History” [Christina Hendricks]
- week three (Sep 23): Plato, Gorgias [Christina Hendricks]
- week four (Sep 30): Sophocles, Antigone [Robert Crawford]
- week five (Oct 7): Butler, Antigone’s Claim [Jill Fellows]
- week six (Oct 15): Marlowe, Doctor Faustus [Miranda Burgess]
- week seven (Oct 21): Bulgakov, The Master and Margarita [Miranda Burgess]
- week eight (Oct 28): Hobbes, Leviathan [Robert Crawford]
- week nine (Nov 4): Rousseau, Discourse on the Origins of Inequality [Robert Crawford]
- week ten (Nov 12): Trouillot, Silencing the Past [guest]
- week eleven (Nov 18): Carpentier, The Kingdom of this World [Jon Beasley-Murray]
- week twelve (Nov 25): Césaire, The Tragedy of King Christophe; Walcott, Henri Christophe [Jon Beasley-Murray]
Videos will be uploaded within a few days.