Primo Levi, Survival in Auschwitz (1947)
Edition used: Simon & Schuster
Format: Powerpoint (.pdf)
- Analyze how Levi and Borges use ideas from books and/or about books in their own works.
- Is Survival in Auschwitz a pessimistic document?
- Discuss the image of the animal in Levi and Borges and/or Arlt and/or Hernandez.
- Investigate the depiction of the machine in Levi and/or Hernández.
- The original title of Levi’s book is “If This is a Man” (Se questo e un uomo). Discuss Levi’s portrayal of what it means to be “a man.”